REBLOG if you want Jinkx Monsoon to be America’s Next Drag Superstar!
MUST WATCH: NPR Snap Judgment Performance of the Year / Noah St. John, “The Last Mile”
That awful moment when you learn that this wasn’t scripted. That Will Smith’s character was actually supposed to brush off the whole thing, but Will’s father actually had left him when he was younger and he just fell apart on the set and the hug at the end was from one actor to another, not one character to another.
Gaga is out of hiding and sporting a fabulous new chariot by KEN BOROCHOV of MORDEKAI. Gaga commissioned Ken to create then one-of-a-kind wheelchair to help accessorize her post-hip surgery recovery.
“I certainly wasn’t expecting that phone call and have never done a wheelchair but am always up for a challenge and was thrilled to create what I affectionately dubbed the Chariot, a chair fit only for a queen.”
Some tidbits about Gaga’s new chariot:
- Ken’s inspiration came from the idea of a Queen’s throne.
- The finished product is a 24 Karat gold-plated chair with a black buffed tufted calf leather seat complete with a removable leather canopy.
- The leather portions were inspired by a motorcycle jacket and produced in a car factory.
- It has a sexy high back and is able to recline 180 degrees.
- The wheels were special ordered spoke rim wheels from LA. They were gold plated in Dallas and assembled in Wisconsin.
- Ken had about 1 week to complete the project.
If Ken’s name sounds familiar, it’s because Gaga has worked with the designer before. During the FAME launch at the Guggenheim Museum, Gaga sported a 24 Karat gold-plated crown created by Ken, during the FAME launch in London, Gaga sported a gold bracelet with a set of armor nails that became known as The Claw, and before Gaga’s performance with The Rolling Stones, Gaga sported a bird cage-like contraption on her way to the venue. (x)
She looks damn good here
Einstein and his therapist